Central Somers Town / Edith Neville School - Development
Client: London Borough of Camden
As part of a larger Regeneration Programme, the redevelopment of the Edith Neville School is part of the brief for the Central Somers Town Master plan, developed by the London Borough of Camden. The self-funding development includes:
- Redevelopment of Edith Neville Primary School and Children’s Centre
- A new community hub, including a replacement nursery and play facility.
- A new community hall and community garden.
- Residential development of a new residential units including new affordable housing.
- Improvements to public spaces
Central to the Community Investment Programme (CIP) is the Edith Neville Primary School and Children’s Centre which were constructed as buildings with a short life expectancy. Remedial woks have been necessary (both planned and unplanned) to keep it in service but the pressing need for replacement has been widely agreed for a considerable period of time.
Capital led the procurement process alongside the London Borough of Camden. The project is now currently seven months on site and due for completion in February 2019.
Facts & Figures
- Contract Value: £8.9m
- Dates: 2016 – Due to Complete Feb ‘2019
- Contracts: JCT D&B
This is a challenging central London new build scheme in close proximity to houses and St Pancras mainline station. The logistics are being carefully managed on a day to day basis to ensure no down time to the school