As part of a larger Regeneration Programme, the redevelopment of the Edith Neville School is part of the brief for the Central Somers Town Masterplan, developed by the London Borough of Camden
The self-funding development includes:
- Redevelopment of Edith Neville Primary School and Children’s Centre
- A new community hub, including a replacement nursery and play facility.
- A new community hall and community garden.
- Residential development of new residential units including new affordable housing.
- Improvements to public spaces.
Central to the Community Investment Programme (CIP) is the Edith Neville Primary School and Children’s Centre which were constructed as buildings with a short life expectancy. Remedial works have been necessary (both planned and unplanned) to keep it in service but the pressing need for replacement has been widely agreed for a considerable period of time.
Capital are providing Project Management and Employers Agent Services to the London Borough of Camden and the project is expected to complete late 2018.