Central Somers Town / Edith Neville School – Development
- Client: London Borough of Camden
- Services: Project Management, Employers Agent, Tender Documents and Contract Administration
Capital was commissioned by the London Borough of Camden to act as Employers Agent for re-building of Edith Neville Primary School and a new residential block and children’s centre.
This Project forms the first phase of Camden’s new £89m Central Somers Town regeneration master-plan.
The self-funding development includes:
- Redevelopment of Edith Neville Primary School and Children’s Centre
- A new community hub, including a replacement nursery and play facility.
- A new community hall and community garden.
- Residential development of a new residential units including new affordable housing.
- Improvements to public spaces
Central to the Community Investment Programme (CIP) is the Edith Neville Primary School and Children’s Centre which were constructed as buildings with a short life expectancy. Edith Neville Primary School had been housed in sub-standard accommodation since its opening in the 1970s. Its new home includes a 1-to-2FE primary school, nursery, family centre and parent drop-in, providing pupils with a state-of-the-art learning environment and the school a secure basis on which it can thrive into future.
Capital were appointed at RIBA Stage 3 – Design Development to oversee the procurement, tender and delivery of this mixed-use scheme. Capital worked with an external design team and Camden’s development team to procurement the works through a single stage Design and Build.
Capital collated the design information and prepared the project preliminaries, working closely with the various stakeholders.
Capital remained resolute throughout the project that value for money was being achieved, treating Camden’s money as if it were our own. By keeping accurate records, being up to date with our contractual correspondence, we have likely saved the client significant time and money on the outcome of this project